Committed to Sustainability
KOOL PAK°® is committed to sustainability, reducing our impact on the environment throughout our business operations and improving the environment for our employees. Sustainability initiatives include:
- Reduced fuel consumption, incorporating high efficiency equipment such as APUs, trailer wings, eco-flaps and Fuel Flex tires
- Decreased fuel consumption with our Driver MPG Incentive Plan
- Paperless billing and electronic recordkeeping
- High energy efficiency lighting in our facilities; in Oregon alone we offset 38 tons of carbon dioxide
- More energy efficient refrigeration equipment at our largest facilities in Oregon and British Columbia
- Serving on the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Advisory Committee-Truck Efficiency/Reduced Idling Study, helping lead our industry toward a cleaner, more profitable future
- All of KOOL PAK°'s California equipment is CARB Compliant.
SmartWay Certified Partner
KOOL PAK° aligns with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in the SmartWay™ Transport Partnership. Through that partnership, we track fuel consumption, benchmark our operations and work annually toward cleaner and more efficient freight transport operations.